Election Rules – adopted 26 March 2008
Previous Election Rules are to be adopted for this 2016 AGM to involve as many people in the running of the organisation to the best possible extent.
- Term of office will be for 12 months.
Executive and Non-Executive Positions
- Nomination for Executive and Non Executive positions will be made by members of the current / out-going committee who have served a minimum of 12 months in the current term.
- Executive positions can only be occupied by committee members who have served a minimum of 12 months in the current term.
- Committee members who have served a minimum of 12 months in the current term of office will be eligible to vote for all Executive
- All members of the general committee will be eligible to vote for all Non-Executive positions and be voted in as assistant to any position.
- All non-Executive positions may be filled by more than one member of the general committee.
- Nominations may only be made by a member of the Association provided that:
- A person shall not nominate himself; and
- The person nominated agrees to be nominated.
- If a member is absent and has informed Chairperson or Secretary in writing that they wish to be nominated for a position then the nomination shall be accepted.
- If sufficient nominations are received to fill all vacancies on the committee, the candidates nominated will be deemed to be elected and any vacant position remaining on the Committee will be deemed to be casual vacancies.
- If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, the persons nominated shall be deemed to be elected.
- If the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a secret ballot will be held.